Download PDF Copy: Meeting Notes-June 13 2018
PTA General Meeting
Date: June 12, 2018
Location: BSES Media Room
Subject: Monthly General Meeting
The meeting was called to order by Elizabeth Aviles at 6:38pm.
Motion made to approve meeting notes from May 14th by Elizabeth Aviles and seconded by Aaron Copsey. Hearing no objections the motion was Approved.
Administration Update: Principal Hahn
- Kindergarten Picnic was a success, approximately 160 parents attended
- As of right now we have 118 kindergarteners registered. We will have 6 Kindergartens.
- We will have 6 first grade, 5 second grade, 5 third grade, 4 fourth grades and 5 fifth grade classrooms for the 2018-19 school year.
- The 5th grade closing ceremony will be tomorrow, Wednesday June 13th. There will be awards for best buddies, safeties and others.
- Kids were very excited about move up day
- Ms. Avery designed EC Strong T-Shirts, all monies are going to Ellicott City, she’s raised $20,000 so far. Shirts are $20 each
- Construction of The Wexley @100
- The ball fields will be closed during the summer
- Amenities will be build first
- There will be 10 buildings with 35-40 units each
- The first building is scheduled to be finished by next spring and then there will be one built every month and a half
- School office will be open from 9am -3pm during the summer
Treasurer Update: Aaron Copsey
- We should be about $2,000 above what we expected to end the year with.
- Aaron Copsey moved to approve writing $2,000 in checks now for the following 2018-19 expenses:
- $1,600 – for afterschool drama scripts
- $100 – for the website SSL
- $500 – for staff breakfast in August
- $500 – for the Back2School Bash which is the first PTA Activity of the year
- $300 – for spirit wear shirts to have at open houses and back to school nights
Seconded by Andrea Wilds. Hearing no objections, the motion was approved.
- We need to hire an accountant to do our audit in July or have a 3 person committee to go over it and approve.
- We will need the new President, VP’s and Secretary to go to the bank to include signatures in account in order to be able to sign checks (all PTA checks require 2 signatures).
- The MD PTA Conference will be July 14 and 15 in Linthicum Heights. Please contact Aaron if you are interested in attending
President Update: Elizabeth Aviles
- Thanked everyone for their time and help during the year.
- Gave recognitions to those who are leaving Bellows.
- Thanked Olive Garden for donating dinner for our meeting.
Standing Committee Reports
- Back to School Supplies – Warnette Moultrie
- We will stay with EPI for School Supplies this year
- Our code is BEL034, flyer will go out and information will be put in website and Facebook page.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:20pm.