Download PDF Copy: Meeting Notes-February 12 2018
PTA General Meeting
Date: February 12, 2018
Location: BSES Media Room
Subject: Monthly General Meeting
Meeting was called to order by Elizabeth Aviles at 6:32pm.
President Update: Elizabeth Aviles
- 302 members in the PTA.
- 11 positions short for next year.
- Fourth grade teacher spotlight during today’s meeting.
- Read Across Bellows will be coming up on March 2nd.
- Teachers will be providing the prizes for the raffle winners of Bingo Night.
Administration Update: Principal Hahn
- 837 students currently at Bellows, and losing approximately 68 students with the redistricting.
- About 150 adults working at Bellows this year.
- New technology teacher starting.
- Wednesday, February 14th will be the 100th day of school.
- Spring break days will be taken to make up for lost snow days. Spring Break will be March 30th to April 3rd
Treasurer Update: Aaron Copsey
- $8,000 worth of major expenses left: Bingo Night, Teacher appreciation, Assembly, etc.
Vice President’s Report
a. VP Fundraising: Heidi Roberts
- Close to choosing a vendor for next year for school supplies.
- Requesting that budget not be taken away from teacher conferences dinner in spring. We will still be doing something for the teachers.
- Still needing someone to take over Hershey Park fundraiser
b. VP Activities: Carla Sjoholm
- Everything covered for Bingo Night.
Standing Committee Reports
- Write down winners of Bingo Night to email to teachers.
- All supplies have been purchased and gift cards have been bought to give out for individual prizes.
- Purple shirts for volunteers will be given out to wear during this event.
- Flyers will go out on Friday, February 23rd.
- Limited supply for pizza, it will be available from 6:30-7.
- Possible incentive: Join PTA get free Bingo booklet.
- Big prize for Bingo Night will be the XBox.
- February 26th is the next upcoming Restaurant Night, 6-9pm at the Panera Bread on Dobbin Rd.
- Movie night went very well.
- Possibly a third movie night being planned.
- Over 100 students interested in the play, we put a cap at 75 students.
- Motion by Elizabeth Aviles to approve $350 for the Pilot Drama Workshop Program for the students that were on the waiting list for the play. Motion seconded by Andrea Wilds.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:54pm.